When I first got back into painting miniatures (the second time), my wife and I did a set of Viking Axemen (actually, I think they are called "Huscarls or Hirdmen") that sold to a woman in the UK. It was pretty neat to think for us that we actually had a set of miniatures somewhere in the UK on display. The lady later wrote that she was pleased with the set and that they were on display with her other Viking collectibles.
I write this to say because there was one Viking in particular in the set I had put a lot of effort in detail (was my "first" after picking up painting again)...I actually regret selling him, and have learned to keep my "first" from a set if it's like this anymore. However, I guess you could say he went to a good home..lol!
Here is "Barley Bagelknocker", another Viking Huscurl.



No comments:
Post a Comment