OK, I will get back to miniatures shortly...maybe...
Have you ever heard the story behind the song "Jesus Loves Me"? I certainly had not! I did not know it was written for a dying child, nor that there are many more verses to it (good verses at that). Where did I learn all this? "Adventures in Odyssey"... and during the Children's Programming no less! I have always been a fan of Adventures in Odyssey:
http://www.whitsend.org/radio
Now the rest of the story...what they don't teach you in the history books...
In 1943, John Kennedy was in a PT-109 that was rammed and sunk. Him and the surviving Marines held up on one of the Solomon Islands until rescued. They were rescued by two island natives, Biuku and Eroni, who...were singing "Jesus Loves Me". They had been taught the song by a Missionary to their island. The Marines also joined in, and as the their rescue boats left the island, they were singing "Jesus Loves Me".
Why do they leave the best stuff out of the history books??
No comments:
Post a Comment