Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ajax vs Palm Olive

In an earlier post, I had listed how to clean your brushes, stating to use dish soap.  This is a minor update, correction if you will, to that - I have found that not all dish soaps are the same.  I recently tried Palm Olive and it was not, by any means, cleaning my brushes - even if I used more, it still wasn't working.

I have not tried Joy or Ivory, but can attest that Ajax clearly does a better, shall I say "best" job, of cleaning brushes.  My preference is the Lime scented, but other scents have worked as well.

So if a double dose of Palm Olive (which by the way is already more concentrated than other dish soaps) won't clean my brushes...what do you think about those dishes you are eating out of if you've been using it?

(I usually do one dip in soap, one in water, and then dry off the brush on paper towels - the Ajax brushes leave a "white/clean" paper towel; when I did the test with Palm Olive, the paper towel was coming out stained with paint).

No comments:

Post a Comment