I will try to never be too "political" or too "religious" on this blog, but I will not be ashamed to profess my faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
I was driving home from hunting this morning and heard a new song...I am always fond of ballads, so I turned up the radio and enjoyed the drive. I neither knew the song, nor the artist at the time, but it instantly became one of my four favorite Christmas songs (with I Need a Silent Night, Happy Christmas, and Little Drummer Boy). Once I got home I checked into it, and found out it was a song originally written and performed by Jackson Browne... The Rebel Jesus...it is good, only wish Rich Mullins had done a cut of the song...I can just hear his voice in this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-lHZqNcRH0&feature=related
There were several slide shows made to the song, this was my favorite. One day I'll learn how to embed a video into my blog.
On to miniatures...
As I mentioned before, David and Goliath has become my trademark and most requested diorama. I've made two, have two in the works, and have requests for at least another one.
Posted below is the first one I made for my grandma, which was also my first Biblical diorama. I have since improved on the designs, having learned from the first one. I actually felt bad when I made the second one, because I felt it was better than the first, and hoped that she would not think I had done sub par work on hers! Not at all, I just learned after the first one, but that first one, every ounce of making it look good went into it, just as much as the second one.
Pictures of course will not do it justice...it makes a nice opening to discuss the gospel, when people ask the story behind it. Which is of course the purpose behind the creation of these. I do not charge for any that contain scripture, so needless to say, I am backed up on demands for this and others. That is okay, that is good to hear...I told my wife it took 40 years to find my talent and ministry.
Here is the original David and Goliath...
Remember...click on the photos to enlarge...may be better...



No comments:
Post a Comment