Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Just wishing all the followers of my blog a "Merry Christmas" and thanks for following my miniature work this year.  Stay tuned and keep connected, as I will continue to add and advance to this blog in 2012!

I wanted to post something that was relevant to the season, but I don't really have anything that fully qualifies.  I've wanted to do a manger scene, but it does come back to finding Biblical miniatures for such a scene.  They do sell manger miniatures, but I'd prefer to have more of a selection to make a unique manager scene.  By the way, there were no "wise men" at the manger the night of Christ's birth - so yes, my manager scene would only have shepherds.

Thinking on what would make a good Holiday scene, it brought to mind I could do a scene from A Christmas Carol...I'll have to add this to my (ever growing) list : )

I've started a project to work on while I am off over the Holidays, it's a "Yeti"...yes, as in abominable snowman.  I know, I know, I don't normally do things outside of a historical range, but when I saw these I just had to get them (yes, there's two).  Now that would make for a good snow scene.  In lieu of that, the best I can do is a Viking in the Snowy Mountains...minus the snowy mountains.  After photographing this one, I realise I need a snow base.  I use Citadel snow, which is OK, but I am interested to try the Woodland Scenics snow.

So, everyone have a Merry Christmas, and here is "Vigdis Nimbletoes"...

No comments:

Post a Comment