Sunday, July 22, 2012

Epic Fail...

...and I mean EPIC....

OK, so I am working on the diorama, "Jesus and Peter Walking on the Water" -

Peter's fine, he's sinking, no big deal...but Jesus, I had to make stand on the realistic water.  I carved in the water a footprint, and amazingly, I was able to glue Jesus on top of the water standing up.  Everything worked fine, and it was looking good...I'd moved on to the creation of the waves with the water effects.

Then comes hot weather...

We don't let air into our computer room (where I paint), unless I am in there.  So during the day, it can get fairly hot - apparently, realistic water has a low melting point!  I found "Jesus" fell over, almost face planted into the water...even worse, sinking.  Not to mention, Peter had sank more and was now leaning forward.

Not to worry, more hot weather on the way - so I just flip it over and wait for the hot weather to soften the water and for "Jesus" to fall out.  Simple fix.  Hmmm...for whatever reason, it didn't work.  "Jesus" is still stuck in the water.

All I can do is pray and wait on a resolution to solve this rather unique predicament. 

No comments:

Post a Comment