What do you do when it is 105 degrees outside? Watch Animes that is...6 of them to be exact, well, 6 episodes straight, or rather the conclusion of all 26. Maybe I should start from the beginning? My been over a month since I've blogged!
The Last Exile comprised of 26 (30 minute) episodes of one of the best Animes I've seen to date. Here is my usual disclaimer...if you plan to watch, don't read. And believe me, if you are a fan of Animes, you will want to watch.
So here is what I have to say about the Last Exile, after having watched all 12 hours over about a two week period...
I guess I'll start with the ending...it couldn't have been any better. Claus' swan song of going from supply point to supply point in each vanship (sorry, have to watch to understand some of this) he had flown in the series, with each navigator he had flown with, and with each of the crew members seeing him off at each point...that was classic.
I had high hopes that Mullin Shetland lived, but he did capture the Claudia unit solely by himself, thus saving the entire Anatory and Disith fleets. It is not until the end of the last episode, you find out he actually lived. Yeah! Sorry, told you not to read this if you plan to watch first.
As for Dio...I actually hated to see him go. At first you couldn't stand him, but by the end of the show you are rooting for him. As it turns out, he was rescued from his fall by a Guild ship and seen in the final seconds of the last episode, just not by face.
As for Lucciola, never was there a better, more loyal body guard - I really, really hated to see him taken out. Although he took out many Guild members in his quest to free Dio, now there was one Guild member who could fight!
And I guess I saved the best for last...Alex Rowe. By far my favorite character...I had high hopes he would somehow make it in the end. Calm, cool, and resiluent under pressure...the only time you ever saw him get emotional was when there was a chance to take out the Maestro Delphine. And if you thought Lucciola could fight, well, Alex would have gave him a run for the money. He took out quite a few Guild members in his quest to reach the Maestro. And his final scene...I guess if he had to die, it was a fitting end...taking out the Maestro Delphine with one single hand. Classic.
Yeah...hated that Alex didn't make it.

No comments:
Post a Comment