Yes...I've been silent, and I've been busy. Mushroom hunting, turkey hunting...but mainly planning a build for our house. The painting of miniatures is truly a winter activity!
I don't know if the build of the house will come to fruition...this is all in God's hands...if it does however, it will probably mean the end of this blog..in a good way. Painting miniatures is an enjoyable activity...but I am an outdoor person. I can't find myself stuck in a room painting though when there are woods to explore, "Gators" to be ridden, and Yellow Root to be dug (among many, many other activities). I suppose if the snow was deep enough one day I couldn't get the door open...I might set down to paint; but even then, I'd probably watch the deer in the back yard...or the front yard for that.
I'd like to finish a few projects before October rolls around though (the current completion date for the house). I want to finish Jesus Walking on the Water, David Defending his Sheep, and my own personal David and Goliath. I'd like to finish Jesus' Tomb...but I just don't think time will be there. Others in the works that may or may not see a finish...mostly individual pieces...Abraham, Moses, The Abominable Snowman (he would have been cool), the "Dry Gulch Gang" and so many others. (Sorry Kevin, your parting gift upon leaving the company may not happen now!)
I will have to wait and see how it all pans out. If the house isn't built for whatever reason, then you may see this blog continue. You may see it continue even if the house is built...not mine to say. So don't remove me from your blog subscriptions yet...I still have a few good blogs left in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment