After taking the series of pictures below, it really put me in a fall mood! This is "Hunter Smith", another one of my Pilgrim collection. He is holding a deer over his shoulders. As I will be using this in a fall diorama I am working on, I painted just a few spots on the shanks to dipict a fall deer. I used to think that deer lost their spots by October, but found out different when I shot a buck fawn on October 5 (by bow), and it still had a few spots on the hams. It should be noted, that I never knew it had spots until after I had shot, but it was unusual enough for me that I had to share with someone...my wife..mistake...never tell your wife you just shot a deer with spots. Would I have still taken the shot had I known the deer had spots...I don't know...probably not.
Anyway, after taking the Winter photos, I brought out "A boy and his pigs" and added them all together to make a nice fall scene that leaves me longing for fall...and it is still only early February!!





No comments:
Post a Comment